Giving to Reed Library
There are three main avenues for supporting the John F. Reed Library. These include membership in the Friends of the Reed Library, giving to the Collections Endowment Fund, and Other Giving Opportunities. Each of these opportunities is discussed in the following areas. (Click on link for further information) Please make all checks payable to FLC Foundation.
Friends of the Reed Library: Friends of the Reed Library are individuals or groups from Fort Lewis College as well as from the larger community who support the programs and services of the Reed Library through membership dues and volunteering. A separate category of donation is through the Materials Endowment Funds. These funds are specific monies set up to purchase materials within subject categories. To become a member of the Reed Library Friends contact Ruth Fleming, Reed Library Admin. Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (970) 247-7250.
Collections Endowment Funds: Library funds have been established by FLC alumni, by parents and children of alumni, by faculty members, by classes, by corporations, by foundations, and by non-alumni Friends of the Reed Library. Today there are several endowed library funds. Some funds are dedicated to a particular subject. Some are spent at the Library Director's discretion, wherever the need is greatest. Recently, some donors have asked that the funds be used for information in various electronic formats, as well as books and periodicals—a trend the library encourages.
- The following endowment funds have been established:
- Jeff Frisbie: In memory of former Science Librarian, Associate Professor, John F. Reed Library, 1994-2006.
- Cindy Iacono: In memory of Cindy Iacono, a former employee of the John F. Reed Library.
- John Crowder: In memory of the former Collection Development Librarian and Professor at the Reed Library.
- Frank Kenneth Cozine: In memory of the brother of Margaret Cozine, former Director of Reed Library
- Carroll and Maxine Peterson Fund: Dr. "Pete" Peterson, professor emeritus of English
- Jim Reed Fund: FLC alumnus and son of John F. Reed
Other Giving Opportunities: Giving opportunities include the donation of your personal materials, the Adopt-a-Journal program, Buy-a-Book Program, and remember the Reed Library in your will.
Updated by mds on August 4, 2008