Fort Lewis College is a member of Prospector, a unified catalog of 40 academic, public and special libraries in Colorado and Wyoming. Members include: Arapahoe Library District, Auraria, Aurora Public Library, Boulder Public Library, Broomfield Public Library, Colorado College, Colorado School of Mines, Colorado State Publications Library, Colorado State University, Denver Public Library (currently off-line), Fort Collins Public Library, Fort Lewis College, Jefferson County Public Library, Mesa State College, Regis University, UC Boulder, UC Colorado Springs, UC Health Sciences Center, UC Law Library, University of Denver, University of Denver Law Library, University of Northern Colorado, and the University of Wyoming. 18 Western Slope libraries in the Marmot System were joined in 2011. Additional Info About Prospector
Prospector Borrowing: Rapid, self-service borrowing is available to authorized users, in good standing at any of the participating libraries. The system allows you to borrow most items that already circulate at local libraries. Most libraries do not loan journals, videos, and other audiovisual materials. All items that are identified as "Local Use Only" in the unified catalog, cannot be requested through Prospector. When you find what you want, just choose the "Request This Item" option and follow the instructions on the screen. Your request will be processed within a few days and the item will be delivered to John F. Reed Library. When the item is received (usually within 4-7 days), you will be sent a notice by mail or email informing you of the item's arrival. The general policies which apply to materials delivered through Prospector include:
- 21 day loan period
- 1 renewal
- $100 will be charged for lost books ($75 lost book fee plus $25 processing charge)
- Up to 40 requests/check-outs per person
- Overdue fines will be charged for late returned Prospector items.
- If all copies of materials are checked-out a hold may be placed although books may not be recalled.
- This service is available to all Fort Lewis students, faculty and staff, and local patrons 18 years and older with a local Colorado Driver's License. You must be currently registered at the John F. Reed Library in order to request items through Prospector. To register, come to the Library Circulation desk and we will input the necessary information into our online circulation system.
- Click on "Renew Materials" on the library homepage in order to review the status of your Prospector requests, renew checked-out items, or cancel any Prospector requests you may no longer need.
- If you have any problems connecting to Prospector, please contact a circulation supervisor at 247-7052.
Updated by mds on August 10, 2011